Cisco® Implementing and Operating Cisco® Security Core Technologies v1.0 (SCOR)
The Implementing and Operating Cisco Security Core Technologies (SCOR) v1.0 course helps you prepare for the Cisco® CCNP® Security and CCIE® Security certifications and for senior-level security roles. In this course, you will master the skills and technologies you need to implement core Cisco security solutions to provide advanced threat protection against cybersecurity attacks. You will learn security for networks, cloud and content, endpoint protection, secure network access, visibility, and enforcements. You will get extensive hands-on experience deploying Cisco Firepower® Next-Generation Firewall and Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA) Firewall; configuring access control policies, mail policies, and 802.1X Authentication; and more. You will get introductory practice on Cisco Stealth watch® Enterprise and Cisco Stealth watch Cloud threat detection features.
What will you learn?
After taking this course, you should be able to:
- Describe information security concepts and strategies within the network
- Describe how various network security technologies work together to guard against attacks
- Implement access control on Cisco ASA appliance and Cisco Firepower Next-Generation Firewall
- Describe and implement basic email content security features and functions provided by Cisco Email Security Appliance
- Introduce VPNs and describe cryptography solutions and algorithms
- Describe Cisco secure site-to-site connectivity solutions and explain how to deploy Cisco Internetwork Operating System (Cisco IOS®) Virtual Tunnel Interface (VTI)-based point-to-point IPsec VPNs, and point-to-point IPsec VPN on the Cisco ASA and Cisco Firepower Next-Generation Firewall (NGFW)
- Provide basic understanding of endpoint security and describe Advanced Malware Protection (AMP) for Endpoints architecture and basic features
- Examine various defenses on Cisco devices that protect the control and management plane
- Configure and verify Cisco IOS software Layer 2 and Layer 3 data plane controls
Who is this course for?
This course is suitable for:
- Security engineer
- Network engineer
- Network designer
- Network administrator
- Systems engineer
- Consulting systems engineer
- Technical solutions architect
- Network manager
- Cisco integrators and partners
To attend this course, you need to have:
- Cisco® Implementing and Administering Cisco® Solutions v1.0 (CCNA) certificate
- Skills and knowledge equivalent to those learned in Implementing and Administering Cisco Solutions (CCNA®) v1.0 course
- Familiarity with Ethernet and TCP/IP networking
- Working knowledge of the Windows operating system
- Working knowledge of Cisco IOS networking and concepts
- Familiarity with basics of networking security concepts
Group #: G21.2
1 August 2022: Canceled.
Michael Gabriel Network Engineer
Michael has over 10 years of experience in multinational companies. Multiple onsite assignments throughout India, Singapore, Vietnam, Muscat, Sudan and Qatar with official working language English.
He has experience in deployment of Routers and Switches in customer premises. He worked on various projects involving BoM verification, Rack and Stack of Routers and Switches, Configuration. Further troubleshooting of various hardware and network issues. Worked on Cisco, F5, Netscout devices.
Between 2012 and 2015 he has been working as a Training Consultant for Cisco Systems Bangalore. He acted as a focal point for the client with reference to education delivery; provided CCNA & CCNP training to the students who are selected by Cisco as Interns and managed the other aspects of the project like coordinating with the lab team and other administrative activities like classroom maintenance, AC, system and network maintenance.
Since 2015 he has been working as a trainer, delivering Certified Cisco trainings for Corporates, Public and College students. He is working with multiple Cisco Learning Partners across the globe on Cisco Routing, Switching, Security and Wireless technologies.
The trainer has more than 18 Cisco certifications. Some of them are:
- CCNP Security
- CCNP Enterprise
- CCNP Wireless
- Network security
- Cloud security
- Content security
- Endpoint protection and detection
- Secure network access
- Visibility and enforcement
- Deadline: June 5, 2022
- Duration: 40 hours
- Language: English
- Price: Free of charge
- Detailed Course Outline
- Admission guide for CURRENT students
- Admission guide for NOT SELECTED applicants in Round1000
- Admission guide for completely NEW applicants
Still have unanswered questions?
Share with friends
The trainings and the certification exams are completely free of charge for the participants.