Time Left To Apply
The Linux Administrator course LPIC-1 prepares students to achieve their LPIC-1 certification. The Linux Professional Institute (LPI) is the go-to certification body for vendor independent Linux certifications. This course is about 50% lab to lecture ratio, combining expert instructor-led discussions with practical hands-on skills that emphasize current techniques, best practices, and standards.
What will you learn?
Working in this hands-on lab environment, guided by our expert practitioner, attendees will explore:
- Installing the Linux operating system and configuring peripherals
- Performing and modifying startup and shutdown processes
- Configuring and maintaining basic networking services
- Creating and maintaining system users and groups
- Understanding and administering file permissions on directories and regular files
- Planning and creating disk partitions and file systems
- Performing maintenance on file systems
- Identifying and managing Linux processes
- Automating tasks with cron
- Performing backups and restoration of files
- Working with system log files
- Troubleshooting system problems
- Analyzing and taking measures to increase system performance
- Configuring file sharing with NFS
- Configuring Samba for file sharing with the Windows clients
- Setting up a basic Web server
- Understanding the components for setting up a LAMP server
- Implementing basic security measures
Who is this course for?
This is an introductory-level systems administration course geared for Systems Administrators who wish to learn how to install, configure and maintain an Enterprise Linux system in a networked environment.
- System administrator
- Network administrator
In addition to their professional experience, students who take this training should have:
- Basic knowledge of computer hardware, software, and operating systems.
- Basic knowledge of computer networks and protocols.
No familiarity with Linux or other Unix operating systems is required.
The schedule for this course will be announced when the selection process is over.
Naushad Nazeer Pasha Technical Trainer
Naushad Pasha is an enthusiastic technical trainer who develops and delivers technical training programs and helps others to develop skills that will make them better professionals. He has delivered more than 250 technical trainings for various clients with 14+ years of work experience as a Senior Technical Trainer across the Globe. Delivered 25+ trainings in various parts of the United States in the last 5 years.
Here are some trainings he led for such clients as IBM, Cisco, Red Hat, Dell, HP, VMware and others: Kubernetes Developer, Docker, AWS Certified Solution Architect, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5, 6, 7 and 8, Red Hat OpenStack Administration, Google Cloud Architect, Microsoft Azure Administration, Apache Web Server Administration, Linux Administration, Unix Administration and others.
Overall Naushad rating is 9.71 (scale 1 to 10, where 10 is max), while the worldwide instructor rating benchmark compiled from 1,221,344 students is 9.44.
- AWS Certified Solution Architect
- SUSE Certified Instructor
- Microsoft Certified Trainer
- SUSE Certified Administrator
- Certified Kubernetes Administrator
- Certified Kubernetes Applications Developer
- Red Hat Certified Engineer
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator
- Red Hat Certified Specialist in Virtualization
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator in Red Hat OpenStack
- Red Hat Certified Specialist in OpenShift Administration
Exam: LPI-1 Certification®, exams 101-500 and 102-500
Linux is an open-source technology and therefore, nobody can control and monopolize the technology.
LPIC-1 is the first certification in the multi-level Linux professional certification program of the Linux Professional Institute (LPI). The LPIC-1 will validate the candidate's ability to perform maintenance tasks on the command line, install and configure a computer running Linux and configure basic networking.
The LPIC-1 is designed to reflect current research and validate a candidate's proficiency in real world system administration. The objectives are tied to real-world job skills, which we determine through job task analysis surveying during exam development.
- Deadline: June 5, 2022
- Duration: 48 hours
- Language: English
- Price: Free of charge
- Detailed Course Outline
- Admission guide for CURRENT students
- Admission guide for NOT SELECTED applicants in Round1000
- Admission guide for completely NEW applicants
- Fill Application
Still have unanswered questions?
Share with friends
The trainings and the certification exams are completely free of charge for the participants.