Microsoft Azure Architect (AZ-305)®
Time Left To Apply
This course teaches Azure Solution Architects how to design infrastructure solutions. Course topics cover governance, compute, application architecture, storage, data integration, authentication, networks, business continuity, and migrations. The course combines lecture with case studies to demonstrate basic architect design principles. Students will learn how to translate business requirements into secure, scalable, and reliable solutions. Lessons include design considerations related to logging, cost analysis, authentication and authorization, governance, security, storage, high availability, and migration. Solutions Architect role requires decisions in multiple areas that affect an overall design solution.
What will you learn?
After completing this course you will learn how to design:
- a governance solution.
- a compute solution.
- an application architecture.
- storage, non-relational and relational.
- data integration solutions.
- authentication, authorization, and identity solutions.
- network solutions.
- backup and disaster recovery solutions.
- monitoring solutions.
- migration solutions.
Who is this course for?
This course is for IT Professionals with expertise in designing and implementing solutions running on Microsoft Azure. They should have broad knowledge of IT operations, including networking, virtualization, identity, security, business continuity, disaster recovery, data platform, budgeting, and governance. Azure Solution Architects use the Azure Portal and as they become more adept, they use the Command Line Interface. Candidates must have expert-level skills in Azure administration and have experience with Azure development processes and DevOps processes.
Before attending this course, students must have previous experience deploying or administering Azure resources and conceptual knowledge of:
- Azure Active Directory.
- Azure compute technologies such as VMs, containers and serverless solutions.
- Azure virtual networking to include load balancers.
- Azure Storage technologies (unstructured and databases).
- General application design concepts such as messaging and high availability.
- on-premises virtualization technologies, including: VMs, virtual networking, and virtual hard disks.
- network configuration, including TCP/IP, Domain Name System (DNS), virtual private networks (VPNs), firewalls, and encryption technologies.
- Active Directory concepts, including domains, forests, domain controllers, replication, Kerberos protocol, and Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP).
- resilience and disaster recovery, including backup and restore operations.
- Applications development and APIs.
- Databases, both SQL such as MS SQL, MySQL or Postgres, and Non-SQL databases like MongoDB.
- decoupling Applications and services, for example, Queues, tables, Cache.
- Security concepts to protect your environment, like encryption at rest, encryption in transit, SSL, TLS.
The schedule for this course will be announced when the selection process is over.
Mihail Mateev Lead Solution Architect
Mihail Mateev is a Technology Director and a Lead Solution Architect. He has over 10+ years in Design and development of cloud solutions for different cloud providers – Amazon EC, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud as well as Microsoft Azure specific applications development – web apps, logic apps, Azure Web Sites, Cloud Services, Azure Service Fabric, Azure Functions, CosmosDB, IoT Solutions.
Mihail is an experienced Lead Solution Architect with more than 22+ years of broad experience with lectures on C++, algorithms, computer systems, GIS, cloud, data platforms and software development Speaker at conferences such as PASS Summit, Sinergija, Tarabica, MS Days, Dev Days, jQuery Bulgaria, SQLSaturday, SharePoint Saturday, IoT Summit, and others. Presentations at BI & .Net, Sofia PowerBI, IoT Meetup, SofiaJS, jQuery users' groups.
- AZ-301 Azure Architect Design, May 2020
- AZ-300 Azure Architect Technologies, July 2020
- AZ-303 Azure Architect Technologies, Aug 2020
- AZ-304 Azure Architect Design, Aug 2020
- AZ-220 Microsoft Azure IoT Developer, Feb 2021
Candidates for this exam should have advanced experience and knowledge of IT operations, including networking, virtualization, identity, security, business continuity, disaster recovery, data platforms, and governance. A professional in this role should manage how decisions in each area affect an overall solution. In addition, they should have experience in Azure administration, Azure development, and DevOps processes.
Responsibilities for an Azure Solution Architect include advising stakeholders and translating business requirements into secure, scalable, and reliable cloud solutions.
An Azure Solution Architect partners with cloud administrators, cloud DBAs, and clients to implement solutions.
After successfully taking the exam you will get Microsoft Certified: Azure Solutions Architect Expert certification.
- Deadline: June 5, 2022
- Duration: 40 hours
- Language: English
- Price: Free of charge
- Detailed Course Outline
- Admission guide for CURRENT students
- Admission guide for NOT SELECTED applicants in Round1000
- Admission guide for completely NEW applicants
- Fill Application
Still have unanswered questions?
Share with friends
The trainings and the certification exams are completely free of charge for the participants.